April 11, 2016

I've been stitching a bit on Paula Vaughan's Wedding Ring Bouquet.  Someday soon I will share a project picture. All I have left is a bit more white for the curtain, and some backstiching and 'shading' provided by half stitches.  I will be so happy to finish this one!

Last week I picked up three pieces from the framer's shop. What a delight it is to have these pieces up in our home. 

First, here is Summer Queen.  I started it in 2003 and finished the piece in 2015.  


I'm very happy with how it turned out. and for now the piece is in our family room. Eventually Summer Queen will probably be moved to our bedroom. It is very large, and it makes me happy to see this piece in our home. 


I also picked up Mary Ann Blackburn. I stitched it this year in the course of six to eight weeks, off and on.  Instead of the called for wording I used our wedding date.  I chose a rustic looking frame for this one.  The sampler is hanging in the living room right now, but I am not sure where I will move it to next.



Finally, I am glad to have Rosewood Manor's Quaker Diamonds framed. I started this in the summer of 2013 and finished it in 2015.  I hung it in the living room, next to our fireplace. It is also above our antique spinning wheel that came over from Norway in 1888 or so. I had to move my great- great grandma's antique 1839 sampler (stitched in Switzerland, from the other side of the family) to hang it there, but for now I enjoy looking at Quaker Diamonds by the spinning wheel and hearth.  I moved my great- great grandma's sampler to a different spot in the living room for the time being.  I am honored to have my ancestors' love for all things needle.  I have never tried spinning, and I doubt the spinning wheel works still, but it is a joy to have this family heirloom.

And now, Quaker Diamonds: 



My two WIPs are now Paula Vaughan's Wedding Ring Bouquet and Teresa Wentzler's Fruit Bellpull.  
Last week I also bought fabric for another WIP that will be started soon.  More news on that another time! I can't wait to get that one going. 

Thanks for stopping by today. 

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty framed pieces. Every time you see them, I am sure you smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy, for your kind words, and for commenting. I do smile indeed. :)

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous framed pieces. You certainly have a good framer. I love them all and they will look stunning on your wall.

    I have a large Mirabilia (Sleeping Beauty) on my bedroom wall and I never tire of looking at her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Yes, I do like our framer. She used do own just a framing store but now it's framing and also a wonderful crosstitch store, too. Oh, I love Sleeping Beauty. It's great to surround ourselves with our needlework, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous pieces. I am currently working on Winter Queen by mirabilia and hope to do all four queens eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter Queen is so lovely, too. For now I am stitching just this one. I do have Autumn Queen in my pattern box, so who knows?

      Delete

Your comments are deeply appreciated and cherished.