September 24, 2017

Breadcloth from long ago & Peanut Butter Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies

Recently I had a delicious meal at my brother and sister in law's home, and I was so excited to see them use a breadcloth I stitched for them years and years ago.  I had to share it here, of course. 



I recently baked up some delicious cookies.  Here is that recipe:



Chewy Oatmeal Peanut Butter Butterscotch Cookies

3 eggs
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. honey
2 tsps. baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
4 1/2 cups rolled oats
11.4 ozs. bag butterscotch morsels

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together butter, peanut butter until well combined. Add brown sugar , sugar, and beat until smooth. Add honey, baking soda and mix in well.  Stir in oats and butterscotch chips.  (see below for variation) Use a cookie dough scoop to put on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes, do not overbake. Cookies are flat and chewy.  Cool on the pan for a few minutes, then remove and enjoy! 

I split the batter into two parts and added 1 cup butterscotch morsels to one part, and the other part was doused with 1 cup of chocolate chips instead of butterscotch. (semi-sweet chocolate morsels)  My family preferred the chocolate chip ones over the butterscotch ones.  To each his own, I say! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are deeply appreciated and cherished.